Twitter

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bronco Chase's Thanksgiving List

Tomorrow is a big day for this great country of ours. Friday is an even bigger day for college football fans. But before we put the buggy in front of the horse, I would like to take this opportunity to reflect and give thanks for so many great things that I have in my life (both my sports and non-sports life). Then I will be back tomorrow with an extra special Thanksgiving edition of Weekend Picks. Let's get started then (in no particular order).

1. My family.

I have the best wife in the world who gave me the cutest almost 5-month-old baby boy in the world. I love them more than I can explain while typing. Beyond that, my side of the family as well as her's are wonderful people that support and love us. I find myself in a great place in regards to my family.

2. Boise State University.

I am including the football program in this, but mainly i wish to give props to the academic institution itself. I received my bachelor's degree in Mass Communication/Journalism last may (some short 6 months ago) and am very grateful for it. BSU gets a bad rap for having bad academics (mainly from Vandals), but the claims are unfounded. I will not get into that right now, but I am indeed thankful for having received a great education from a great university.

3. Blogs and writing.

My passion is to become at least a decent sports writer. That is why I started this blog. With that said, special thanks to truebsufans.ning.com for featuring me on their site. It is the first of what I hope will be many more to come.

4. Sports in general.

They just make me happy. In fact, this is pretty much my theme song.

5. Boise State Bronco football.

The amount of joy, nervousness, anxiety, excitement, elation, and happiness that I have received from being a Bronco fan is unparalleled. I have watched this team improve and put itself into the national spotlight in the last 14 years (when I moved to Boise). The rapid ascent to power is astounding as well as inspiring. Besides the success of the team on the field, the great humans that are on the team as well as Coach Pete himself make it even better. The Stephen Kinsey story from the Hawai'i game was enough to make me forget about polls, rankings, bowl possibilities, and "style points" for a while. Win or lose (there hasn't been much of the latter lately!) I know that those players are trying their hardest and that is good enough for me.

By no means is this list exhaustive. I just wanted to throw a few of them out there and let my readers know a little bit more about me. As I mentioned above, make sure you check back in tomorrow for my Weekend Picks. Let's go Broncos!

No comments:

Post a Comment