Twitter

Monday, January 24, 2011

Good News, Relocation Edition

Well it has happened. Bronco Chase is moving up in the world. As of today, Monday, January 24, 2011, I have been hired by the Idaho State Journal in Pocatello to be the sports page designer and eventually a writer. I am really excited to begin a career doing exactly what I want to be doing. The sports editor, Jay Heater, has plenty of experience both in writing and reporting. There is a lot that I can learn from him, which is something that I am really looking forward to accomplishing.


A lot of times in the journalism industry it is hard to get your foot in the door. But once you do, if you are talented and ambitious, there are plenty of opportunities to move up. I hope to be able to do just that.



As I move my family to Eastern Idaho (with my extensive Boise State Bronco wardrobe in tow), I will ponder and appreciate the blessing that this new opportunity is in my life. At the same time, I will be covering and reporting everything Idaho State Bengal-related. We will see what that does for me. I am excited to spend many evenings roaming the sidelines of football and basketball games, both high school and college. Let's go Bengals?!


This is the stadium where the games are played. It is called Holt Arena. At least it's better than that barn up in Moscow!


In terms of the blog and what that will mean for posts, I am not sure what it means. It is still up in the air. Bronco Chase may have to shut down entirely for the time being, or I will produce fewer posts that come out only when things are most important. It will all be figured out in no time. Until then, enjoy this very, very, crude/poorly done head shot of me that will appear in the Idaho State Journal next to a column of mine at one point or another (well, a better, more professional head shot will be printed).


_______________________________________________

In other news, the East-West Shrine Game took place on Saturday and four Boise State players were involved; Ryan Winterswyk, Winston Venable, Jeron Johnson, and Brandyn Thompson. Venable stole the show and impressed many people. I would love to see him blowing someone up on the NFL level. Oh, and some fool from Idaho played.

Anyway, make sure you check back in and see what else Bronco Chase has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment