Twitter

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Got my Tickets, Did you Get Yours?

As a true Boise State Bronco fan, I try as hard as I can to make sure I have game times free so as to indulge myself in the treat that is BSU football. When it is a huge game and within my financial, geographical, and wife-permitting range, I make freaking sure that I am there to watch in person. Such is the case when the Beavers of Oregon State (hailing from the beautiful city of Corvallis) come to play on the Blue against the Boise State Broncos! After days of fighting, worrying, and chatting with former peers and still current students at that great school, I have obtained two tickets; one for me and one for my wife. We have arranged for my mother to take care of our 3 month old baby in hopes of getting our mugs on ABC (I have appeared 3 times on ESPN, but I've never gone big time with some network channel face time!)! In other words, all is set for me to return to my second home, Bronco Stadium, and scream my face off in support of the Broncos. All is well!

While I am preparing my weekend picks and weekly PTW, I decided it would be appropriate to add some comments and tidbits that will not make the two aforementioned posts. As you know, this is a huge game for Boise State and I need myself and you to be as psyched as possible (it is scientifically proven that getting completely geeked up and jacked for a football game allows for louder, longer cheering). Read on.

Number one; I am really excited for this game, if you cannot tell. As I no longer live in the Boise area (work took us away from that great place), I will not have as many chances as before to get to the games. In this particular case, both teams are ranked and it will be the home opener. You cannot get much better than that.

Number two; Every time the Broncos play the Beavers, it reminds me of a hilarious newspaper headline that Jay Leno used on his "Headlines" segment. The year was 2006, Boise State was early in its quest to get to a BCS Bowl game (They ended up in the Fiesta Bowl, beating Oklahoma. You know the rest). Sophomore running back Ian Johnson had his breakout game, scoring 5 touchdowns. The headline said;

"Broncos' Johnson Runs All Over Beavers"

Whoever edited that newspaper was probably fired the next day. It was awesome! My only wish is that Malcolm Johnson was able to play. He was a huge recruit for Boise State but has struggled academically to the point where he is not enrolled in schools this semester. I want him to play and start, all in hopes of seeing another headline like that one...Oh innuendos! You never get old, no matter how much I do! In case you forgot what Ian did that day, look at this:



Number three; LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment