Twitter

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's a dirty job but someone's gotta' do it.

Looks like I have found another idiot to put in his place. This time I will not be taking on a legitimate sportswriter from si.com, but some sort of chimpanzee who someone let get in front of a computer, he goes by the name of Ryan K. Mitchell. Just read a little bit of this steaming pile and you will see what I mean. This is just some amateur blogger (much like myself) who decided to jump in the middle of a non-existent story and promote his own sort of uninformed banter that is about as intelligent and useful as the contents of the used diaper that I just threw away. Let's get this thing started;

First of all, if you are going to use Bleacher Report as your only source to back up your claim, then you can go ahead and expect a lot of backlash to come your way. Bleacher Report is where regular contributor's from most schools get on and post a very biased story about the team that they support. You will find similar articles from other contributors at other schools who talk the same junk about their next opponent. Bleacher Report is an apparatus for homers to get on and do what homers do. The first rule of decent amateur blogging is; don't use Bleacher Report to get all up in arms and cracked out of your mind. Mr. Mitchell, you have committed a cardinal sin. Along with that, let me provide my readers and his with a few links where you can find substantial proof that Boise State and the media in this neck of the woods is not disregarding the Hokies, but rather respecting and fearing them. Let's go with this one (the first two paragraphs really), this bad boy (this one is a fan blog), oh and click here (an official message board, to which Mr. Mitchell was referring in his dumpster fire of a post). Those are just a few that I found quickly searching. You will not find anything out of the norm of what fans post about upcoming games. Compare it to other message boards about other schools. I also found this quote that gives as much respect and awe to a team and a game as you are going to find;

"[Boise State vs. Virgina Tech is] the biggest regular-season, non-conference game in WAC history." (WAC Commissioner Karl Benson, source idahostatesman.com

The numbers don't lie. Boise State has been sub par against BCS conferences. But, are we comparing the past to see who will win this upcoming game. I don't think so, at least no one ever has before. Doesn't it make sense that Virginia Tech has a better record against BCS teams than Boise State? For goodness sakes V Tech has been one of the most consistent programs in the country for a long time, and they come from an established BCS conference, the ACC. BSU plays in the WAC and just barely started playing division 1A football games in 1996. I sure hope the Hokies would have a better record. Switch conferences and history and I'm sure the records would flip flop as well. What you need to do, Mr. Mitchell, is look at the history of Boise State in relation to the level that they were playing. I believe there is a 1-AA national championship in there at some point (actually I don't believe, I know it's a fact. The year was 1980). You can't play or recruit any better or more than the level at which you are playing. Like I said, the past doesn't decide the game on Labor Day. It should be a lot of fun to watch, even with internet-privileged primates (Mitchell) posting bull crap to try and ruin it for me!

There is not much more that I can say to discount Ryan K. Mitchell's grease fire of a blog post that he claims is true. Get your facts straight and for the sake of all things good and holy, don't use Bleacher Report as a legitimate source. Ryan K. Mitchell's comments remind me of a quote that I love and fits his claim perfectly; "It's better to stand there and look stupid than to open your mouth (write a blog) and remove all doubt."

2 comments:

  1. Why is this misinformed?? All of the stats are accurate. And did you see anywhere in my post that I said Tech would beat BSU?? No! I am just stating that I was tired of the attacks and needed to put your ignorant fans in their place. Also, you may dislike Bleacher Report (not my only source as well but you fail to mention local/BSU sites) but I used taht as an example of your fans ranting from a nationally significant site. There is plenty of that all over your own message boards and tons of your fans have attacked the Tech program on my own site! Also, I don't just say your fans are disrepecting Tech -I mean everyone and that goes for you constant demeaning of Idaho!

    And please discount any stat if you can! Oh wait, they are all accurate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment post! It's good to know that my blog is getting read at least a little bit.

    A couple of things; I was never trying to discount your stats. I even said that they are all accurate. I was just trying to say that stats, records, and numbers don't mean much for future games. So there is no need for me to try and disprove any of the stats, as I mentioned in my blog that they are all true.

    It's not that I don't like Bleacher Report, in fact it's a lot of fun. I just don't like it as a source for legitimate information or a good perspective of true fans' feelings for games or other teams. Like I said, a lot of fun to read and get hyped up, it's just not a good thermometer of actual fans.

    Finally; yes, Boise State fans constantly demean Idaho fans, the school, and the football team. It is part of an in-state rivalry. It goes both ways, and it is the same way nation wide when it comes to rivals. So yeah, that's it.

    ReplyDelete