Twitter

Thursday, July 8, 2010

and the winner is...

Well it has been a while since I posted anything and as you all know, my World Cup dream has not come true. Not the scoring a goal dream (we all have that one, right?), but the Argentina vs. Brazil dream. The Netherlands knocked out the Brazilians and their "beautiful game" and Germany punched and pounded Argentina into submission. As it turns out, you need to play a little defense in the World Cup. Crazy, huh? But I think that we fútbol fans are in for a real treat this Sunday. You sure can't go wrong with Spain vs. Netherlands. Whichever nation wins, it will be their first ever World Cup title. Spain seems to always find a way to win, and the Dutch may just be the team of destiny. I feel that the Spanish are going to take it, but don't quote me on that. I may or may not have struck out when it comes to World Cup predictions. The point is, the game should be a lot of fun and we will find out who gets the Golden Boot (top scorer in the tournament). It will be either David Villa or Wesley Sneijder.
Back in the homeland, LeBron James announces who he will play for next season. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see him, Chris Bosh, and Dwayne Wade playing in Miami together, I am just sick of the media coverage (ESPN...) and them slaughtering the story into a stain on the floor. I couldn't tell you how many montages of James dunking I have seen streaming across my television. It's getting really annoying. LeBron, stop holding the NBA and the media hostage and just make a decision. Don't drag it out, don't make a huger deal out of it than it has to be, and just tell us and go play. Your brand needs you to win, not just talk about wanting to win. Put your money where your mouth is.

No comments:

Post a Comment